• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Not sure the name of junction & loop area of Ilford

Status
Not open for further replies.

fv43576

I am not expert some of the area but the junction & loop on map of Rail Atlas 13th Edition with blue arrow, is that Down Passenger Avoiding line or Up Passenger Avoiding line? I am wonder if they have any public train cross that line between Ilford and Liverpool Street from & to platform 1 or 2?

Attachments

• CCI20052015_00000.jpg
    CCI20052015_00000.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
I don't think a service will avoid somewhere like Illford itwojldn't make sense.
The Up and Down directions are very subjective, but are usually based around the more important destination, in this case London.

Tomnick

Established Member
I can't see any mention of them in PSUL. The highlighted spur will be the Up "Avoiding" (I don't know whether it's actually called that, but recall that it's something similar). Note that it doesn't avoid Ilford station itself!

Incidentally, the Up and Down designation most certainly isn't subjective - in all cases, it's clearly and unambiguously stated in the Sectional Appendix.

Last edited:

Freightmaster

Established Member
I am not expert some of the area but the junction & loop on map of Rail Atlas 13th Edition with blue arrow, is that Down Passenger Avoiding line or Up Passenger Avoiding line?
The line you have highlighted is the Up Passenger avoiding line,
although its a bit of a misnomer as it doesn't 'avoid' Ilford itself;
it only avoids the flyover!

It enables up (London bound) trains from platform one at Ilford
to access the Up Electric line (or Up Goods) at Manor Park...

I am wonder if they have any public train cross that line between Ilford and Liverpool Street from & to platform 1 or 2?
Not normally - only when engineering work blocks platform 3
during the night/at weekends. For example, there was one
train earlier today which traversed that line:

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/G08245/2015/05/20/advanced

Good luck!! :D

MARK

TheEdge

Established Member
I've been over it a few times in service on the Mk3 sets. Its the route taken if trains on the up main need to go onto the up electric. Normally its also the harbinger of "slam door stock dispatch from Stratford P5".

I don't like it one little bit... :P

Status
Not open for further replies.