• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Not valid via London terminals query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antman

Established Member
A friend of mine has just rung me and I'm sure somebody on here will know the answer to this.

He has bought a day return from Bearsted to Brighton and is going via Ashford. He said the only restriction shown on the ticket is not valid via London terminals. Does this mean he could return via East Croydon, take Tramlink to Beckenham Junction (obviously paying additionally for that) and train from there back to Bearsted?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Quakkerillo

If I did the fare-check correctly on the routeing guide, this seems valid indeed, with paying separately for the Tramlink.

RJ

Established Member
Checked RJIS going via Birkbeck, it's a permitted route for that ticket.

Last edited:

greatkingrat

Established Member
Southern tickets are currently being accepted on Tramlink due to the emergency timetable, so there is no need to pay again.

londonbridge

Established Member
Is the journey on a weekday or weekend? As I understood the emergency timetable was in effect Monday-Friday, so would the ticket still be valid on the tram on a weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.