• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Notice of intention to prosecute

Status
Not open for further replies.

J9023

Hi,

I travelled on a GTR train and had an out dated rail card in Nov 2018; my details were taken by an inspector and I was given 14 days to send a picture of a valid railcard as I thought I had one; I received a letter notifying me of prosecution and asking for my response.

I did make contact with the department before receiving this letter.

Could you please provide advice.

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

6Gman

Established Member
Hi,

I travelled on a GTR train and had an out dated rail card in Nov 2018; my details were taken by an inspector and I was given 14 days to send a picture of a valid railcard as I thought I had one; I received a letter notifying me of prosecution and asking for my response.

Thank you

Did you actually have the railcard you "thought" you had?

Haywain

Veteran Member
Hi,

Thank you
When was the journey?

Veteran Member
I travelled on a GTR train and had an out dated rail card in Nov 2018; my details were taken by an inspector....

Did the inspector see the outdated railcard?
What did you then tell the department?

AmicableMan

If you had a valid railcard at the time of inspection I imagine the relevant department would be happy if you provided evidence if this. The key here is that it would have had to have been valid at the time of inspection. Technically the fact that you did not carry it is a contravention of the National Conditions of Travel and made your ticket invalid therefore you may be summoned to court for a a byelaw offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.