• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottingham 'Bus War'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Not sure 690 was on the Royal, unless you saw it on there. Think it tracks wrong on bus times. Org. Can't get anything bigger than a solo round the route either.

I hope people aren't using that tracker as their prime source of data, it can be quite inaccurate a lot of the time. It is most useful to just suggest where a vehicle *may* be.

cnjb8

Established Member
I hope people aren't using that tracker as their prime source of data, it can be quite inaccurate a lot of the time. It is most useful to just suggest where a vehicle *may* be.
I said that was the only thing I got off the tracker.

Pigalle

Not sure 690 was on the Royal, unless you saw it on there. Think it tracks wrong on bus times. Org. Can't get anything bigger than a solo round the route either.

If we are talking about the Royal hospital, where does the University Hopper set down/pick up? I thought it was at the University building at the back of the site.

cnjb8

Established Member
Our postings were at the same time. In any event, what I said is still very relevant, the trackers can be quite inaccurate.
Ah, sorry.
If we are talking about the Royal hospital, where does the University Hopper set down/pick up? I thought it was at the University building at the back of the site.
This is Royal Derby service. It goes London Road Hospital to Derby to Royal Derby Hospital.

Volvo142

I’ve seen spare Versa 801 and a Scania on there before.

Yes, bigger buses can get around the site OK. Indeed, when the Hospital shuttle was run by N&D before the introduction of Royal Derby, Palladins were often used and got round with no problem.

You're correct. The ADL400 double deckers can get all round the site.

Pigalle

Ah, sorry.

This is Royal Derby service. It goes London Road Hospital to Derby to Royal Derby Hospital.

For those who don’t know, Nottingham University has a medical school at the Royal Hospital. It is served by a University Hopper service that runs between Nottingham University and the hospital with the bus traversing the whole site in the same way the Royal service does. The difference being that the University Hopper uses ADL400 buses as Volvo142 pointed out above.

Robertj21a

On Moderation
For those who don’t know, Nottingham University has a medical school at the Royal Hospital. It is served by a University Hopper service that runs between Nottingham University and the hospital with the bus traversing the whole site in the same way the Royal service does. The difference being that the University Hopper uses ADL400 buses as Volvo142 pointed out above.

Also, interestingly, all the Nottingham Uni routes have changed operation from Nottingham City Transport to Arriva, from Derby.

cnjb8

Established Member
I have no idea whats going on with me today. Oops :oops:

derbybusdepot

I stand corrected then. Rare to see a bigger bus on the Royal service though.

Think it was August 2018 when Arriva started Nottingham uni work.

Flange Squeal

Established Member
Hi all. Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but is Yourbus still trading in any way on an alternative O licence? The reason I ask is I’ve just seen Tourismo BF68 ZFZ carrying a full load of passengers, but with ‘Yourbus’ branding and Dunn Motor Traction legal lettering. I assume it’s now with a new owner who hasn’t felt the need to remove them yet, but equally I couldn’t spot any obviously visible paper alternatives stuck in the window(s).

cnjb8

Established Member
Hi all. Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but is Yourbus still trading in any way on an alternative O licence? The reason I ask is I’ve just seen Tourismo BF68 ZFZ carrying a full load of passengers, but with ‘Yourbus’ branding and Dunn Motor Traction legal lettering. I assume it’s now with a new owner who hasn’t felt the need to remove them yet, but equally I couldn’t spot any obviously visible paper alternatives stuck in the window(s).
Whereabouts?

cnjb8

Established Member
The snow is causing traffic chaos and combined with Clifton Bridge closure has meant atrocious traffic in Nottingham

Established Member
The snow is causing traffic chaos and combined with Clifton Bridge closure has meant atrocious traffic in Nottingham
Not just Nottingham but Derby/shire as well and most people like me deciding to leave work earlier than normal. Derby was gridlocked at 15:00. Looking at the Met office at lunch it was only forecast as rain for the afternoon.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
I think there were problems on the M1 as well as at Clifton, which is normally a potential diversionary route if the motorway is blocked.

A bus driver at Nottingham station was telling people it would take an hour to get to Trent Bridge.

Established Member
I think there were problems on the M1 as well as at Clifton, which is normally a potential diversionary route if the motorway is blocked.

A bus driver at Nottingham station was telling people it would take an hour to get to Trent Bridge.
Not surprised by the delay times on this tweet from two hours ago. Some services are over 3 hours late.
Screenshot_2020-02-10-21-51-00-1.png

kevjs

M1 was closed Southbound around 15.00 - normal diversion route is Nottingham but were instead being routed via Derby. A50/M1 to A453 has been suffering long queues too as people divert round Nottingham. Never see the southbound section of the A52 between University Blvd and Queen's Drive so quiet, been free flowing the last few days! Rest of the city on the other hand is a car park.

Established Member
Latest round of changes from trentbarton is the rapid one being withdrawn from the end of march!

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Latest round of changes from trentbarton is the rapid one being withdrawn from the end of march!

I'm not going to be surprised if they look long and hard at any services that don't make up the key trunk routes. All peripheral services will probably go, or move to a low cost unit like N&D.

I'm surprised at the total withdrawal of the Rapid. They are still running evening journeys at weekends on the current timetable and certain daytime journeys get very full - I would say the route was busier than some of the other local routes. Reducing the service from 2 vehicles to 1 would have made more economical sense - possibly Ripley @7.15, 9.45, 11.45, 1.45, 4.00 and Nottingham @ 8.45, 10.45, 12.45, 2.45, 5.15 would have covered the most popular times and eased overcrowding on the Rainbow One.

None of the linkbus routes operated yesterday and only the L2 & W1 are operating today due to the charging points at Queens Drive being flooded!

NCT are taking over the Norwich Gardens section of the L14 next month by rerouting the 71 commercially. L14 retained Nottingham to Bulwell Bus Station.
They are also taking over the Winchester Court & Edwards Lane section of the L9 by rerouting the 40 commercially. A poster on facebook has stated the L9 is to be withdrawn.
Seems the City Council may be cutting its tendered network.

cnjb8

Established Member
None of the linkbus routes operated yesterday and only the L2 & W1 are operating today due to the charging points at Queens Drive being flooded!

NCT are taking over the Norwich Gardens section of the L14 next month by rerouting the 71 commercially. L14 retained Nottingham to Bulwell Bus Station.
They are also taking over the Winchester Court & Edwards Lane section of the L9 by rerouting the 40 commercially. A poster on facebook has stated the L9 is to be withdrawn.
Seems the City Council may be cutting its tendered network.
Last year, when they made cuts to the link network, a council survey about budget cuts came through ny door. When it happened again the end of last year, I wouldn't be surprised about link cuts.

kevjs

Sure I read a couple of months ago they were planning on putting in a second charging site as resilience for the network - obviously not happened yet (and why is the charging site built somewhere that is closed for flodding nearly every year). The Medilink Electric buses are still running, presumably there are some chargers elsewhere in the city which can charge them enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.