• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottingham Derbyshire Wayfarer

Status
Not open for further replies.

clagmonster

Established Member
Does the Derbyshire Wayfarer varient which has validity at Nottingham and Beeston act as a ranger with unlimited travel in the extended area or is it valid only for one return journey from Nottingham/Beeston to the boundary of the standard Wayfarer area? A little confused on this, it is issued as a ranger but the marketing suggests that it is intended for a return journey into the area.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Belperpete

Established Member
Does the Derbyshire Wayfarer varient which has validity at Nottingham and Beeston act as a ranger with unlimited travel in the extended area or is it valid only for one return journey from Nottingham/Beeston to the boundary of the standard Wayfarer area? A little confused on this, it is issued as a ranger but the marketing suggests that it is intended for a return journey into the area.
According to the Derbyshire CC web-site: "Nottingham and Beeston stations sell special Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets which also include rail travel from those stations to Long Eaton or Langley Mill." So you are allowed to travel from Nottingham to Long Eaton, but probably not from Nottingham to Beeston. My understanding is that it is intended to give you one return journey from Nottingham, but not sure how that is enforced. If you buy a Wayfarer ticket at Derby station, they issue a card ticket that is encapsulated in the Wayfarer pass. I presume that they do the same at Nottingham, but whether or not the Nottingham to Long Eaton/Langley Mill add-on is issued as a separate ticket or not I don't know.

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
When I did a Derbyshire Wayfarer trip in 2016, I had the Nottingham validity version. I purchased this at Glasgow Central, and it was issued on the one ticket.

The only restriction that I can remember route wise was that you could not use it to travel to or from East Midlands Parkway.

Status
Not open for further replies.