• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottingham - Leicester - Doncaster fare help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny158

Hi.

I have a friends who are travelling from Nottingham to Leicester around midday Saturday 20th August and then will be travelling from Leicester to Doncaster around 8pm on the same day.

Has anyone got any great money saving options for them please? There 3 people travelling.

Best I've found for them is £27 which was done using a Nottigham-Leicester day return (which I believe is valid via Derby?) and then a Derbyshire wayfarer Derby-Sheffield and then a Sheffield to Doncaster single.

Any help would be great as it seems to me a tad bit pricey?

Many thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
The booking engines do indeed show the Nottingham-Leicester return as valid via Derby, so £32.40 should get your 3 friends from Nottingham to Leicester and then to Derby.

£12.60 for Advances should then get them to Chesterfield, and £6 for Advances should then get them to Doncaster. Total £51, or £17 each.

Advances at that price are valid on the 2147 from Derby which gets to Doncaster at 2251, and your friends would have to commit to travelling on that train. The connecting trains from Leicester to Derby leave at 2001, 2030 and 2105.

Status
Not open for further replies.