• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottingham [NOT] - London St Pancras [STP] - Romford [RMF] via HS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xolotl

I quite regularly make the journey from Nottingham to Romford. Due to the offers that EMT run I usually use advance tickets to STP[/stn] and then use Oyster to get me to [stn]LST[/stn] and then onwards to [stn]RMF[/stn].

What would the best way to make this Journey on HS1 and change at [stn]SFA[/stn]/[stn]SRA[/stn]? The journey planners (Webtis) suggest that both routes take similar amounts of time. They also say that Off-Peak travel cards are valid on this route but I was under the impression that both travel cards and oyster were not valid on HS1.

I'm pretty sure a [stn]NOT[/stn]-[stn]RMF[/stn] ticket routed EMT + connections would be valid but are there any other options?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
Correct that travelcards and Oyster is not valid on HS1. It is presumably giving you an off-peak ticket with a travelcard added on to it.

I'm sure others will expand on this.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I quite regualy make the journey from Nottingham to Romford. Due to the offers that EMT run I usually use advance tickets to STP and then use Oyster to get me to LST and then onwards to RMF.

What would the best way to make this Journey on HS1 and change at SFA/SRA? The journey planners (Webtis) suggest that both routes take similar amounts of time. They also say that Off-Peak travel cards are valid on this route but I was under the impression that both travelcards and oyster were not valid on HS1.

You cannot use a travelcard on HS1, unless routed Plus High Speed, which is not available for inboundary travelcards.

I believe that Nottingham - Romford via St Pancras Int and Stratford International is a permitted route, as it is no longer than 3 miles more than the shortest route, however you will not be able to use EMT's special offer on this.

You cannot use Oyster between St Pancras International and Stratford International, however I believe that a paper ticket

London Terminals - Romford
Route Any Permitted
Anytime Day Return
£11.90

is valid for going St Pancras International - Stratford International - (walk) - Stratford London - Romford, due to the 3-mile rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.