• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottingham Station Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I'm currently at Nottingham station and will be in the city for a couple of hours. Is there anything interesting (I.e. freight or unusual moves) to see before 1528? Otherwise I may go shopping.

Ta.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
I know its too late, but a tram ride out to Phoenix Park/Hucknall is interesting.
You could try to work out where the GC route went through the city (starting wth the tram terminus).
Unfortunately it's not the right time of year to doze at Trent Bridge!

RichmondCommu

Established Member
I would have directed you to the Vat & Fiddle which is just down the road. Its a smashing little pub and well worth a visit next time you're in Nottingham.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Where is it exactly? I did have a wander into town but didn't see many pubs.

To get the Vat & Fiddle turn left out of the station, down the hill and its literally a minutes walk to the pub. The beers are excellent and the staff are very friendly. They sell rolls at lunch time. If you like a pint of bitter you will love that place.

Also, if you get chance try the Victoria Hotel in Beeston. The pub is a few minutes walk from Beeston station and the beer garden is right next to the railway. IMO another excellent pub serving lovely beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.