Nottingham to Aberdeen, routeing change?

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Norther Monkey, 14 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norther Monkey

Norther Monkey Member

I'd appreciate some help from someone who knows a wee bit more than me.

I have often travelled from Nottingham to Aberdeen via Crewe to use the sleeper up, and return on a day train via the ECML which was a valid route. Planning a trip for next week none of the booking engines now offer this journey. Has the routeing guide changed to prohibit this?

Thanks for any help.

2. Romilly

Romilly Established Member

I can get East Coast, and London Midland, websites to offer the £165 Nottingham-Aberdeen offpeak return on "via Crewe" itineraries.

And I can get ECML itineraries by setting the "via" option to "Avoid Chesterfield"

Last edited: 14 May 2015
  3. Norther Monkey

Norther Monkey Member

More than I managed with NRE or Scotrail. Plus about a 35% increase on what I used to pay. Something seems to have changed.

Thanks.

4. Romilly

Romilly Established Member

I was assuming that you don't hold a railcard. Also, the £165 does not include the sleeper supplement. And I haven't found any obvious ways of significantly reducing the cost by split-ticketing.

Last edited: 14 May 2015
  5. Norther Monkey

Norther Monkey Member

Ah, of course the railcard. The dangers of posting having just come off a night shift.

Thanks for finding that, not sure why it's proving tricky on other sites. Good to know it's still available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.