• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottingham to London, August BH Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Bookings have just opened for a planned trip to London on Saturday 27 August returning on the Sunday. It doesn't surprise me too much to find that there are no trains between St Pancras and Luton on the Sunday.

However there are also no Advance fares posted on either VTEC or EMT on either day, and as far as I can see there are no reservations available when trying to book a walk-up fare. Are these simply posted late or have both operators decided there is no point in offering any in view of the likely disruption and overcrowding? And why does this affect the Saturday when there doesn't appear to be any disruption anyway?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

philjo

Established Member
VTEC site says that their bookings are open until Friday 26 at the moment (unless to/from London and a station north of york in which case it is open until November)
so VTEC should have the fares available for the bank holiday weekend later this week.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
VTEC site says that their bookings are open until Friday 26 at the moment (unless to/from London and a station north of york in which case it is open until November)
so VTEC should have the fares available for the bank holiday weekend later this week.

Thanks, I'll be needing something via Grantham on the Sunday as the bus is claiming 90min between London and Luton. Unsure why EMT doesn't have anything for either day though.

As of earlier today, none of EMT, National Rail or Thameslink websites had any information that a closure was happening. You just had to deduce it by trying to look up journeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.