• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottingham to London on 27th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomJ93

Evening all!

I'm travelling down to the smoke from Nottingham and have two specific requirements, a full English on the way out and a nice meal on the return! Time wise I'd like to leave as early as possible and come back quite late, do VTEC do complimentary G&Ts? If travelling with EMT a HST would be much appreciated! I have a 16-25 railcard.

Ta folks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
27th is a Saturday, so avoid EMT as their weekend first offering is a tea/coffee/water & biscuits from the buffet.

Also VTEC don't do free alcoholic drinks at weekends (unless it has been changed since takeover)

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I am not aware of any TOC which offers anything close to all your requirements in first class on a weekend!

EMT offer a full breakfast on one departure from Nottingham on a Saturday with the 0832 but that is it. Certainly I am aware of no operators that offer any evening meals or complementary alcoholic drinks on a weekend.

EMT sell a specific First Class ticket which includes Breakfast and they suggest that you book this if you'll be wanting breakfast to avoid any issues with availability. It is available on the EMT website and also Webtis websites (like VTEC, FGW and Chiltern). It appears the 0832 with breakfast is currently £41.50 with a railcard.

NottsPhil

27th is a Saturday, so avoid EMT as their weekend first offering is a tea/coffee/water & biscuits from the buffet.

...except on the 08.32 from Nottingham, which does offer a full breakfast service (the only 'proper' food service at the weekend on the network I believe). They recommend you book an inclusive ticket for it, the London Day Out looks good value as it includes First Class travel, parking and a Travelcard. I've never used it so don't know whether you could turn up on spec with a First Class ticket and be OK. On the way back, its no hot food though.

Just be careful to check before travelling as there are a lot of alterations to weekend MML services at the moment.

NottsPhil

If you want full English you'll need to be on the 07.10 from Nottingham (which is an HST), all others up to and including the 08.05 are light breakfast only, or you could change at Leicester and pick up one of the ex-Sheffield services which does a full breakfast.

Not sure what time the complimentary alcohol is served in the evenings. The 17.15, 18.15 and 19.32 are all HSTs.

You have to go first class for this though, and will need the anytime fare, so you will pay for it, even with a railcard discount.

MichaelAMW

If you want full English you'll need to be on the 07.10 from Nottingham (which is an HST), all others up to and including the 08.05 are light breakfast only, or you could change at Leicester and pick up one of the ex-Sheffield services which does a full breakfast.

Not sure what time the complimentary alcohol is served in the evenings. The 17.15, 18.15 and 19.32 are all HSTs.

You have to go first class for this though, and will need the anytime fare, so you will pay for it, even with a railcard discount.

Well, no railcard discount for 1st anytime but 1st Advance currently available at £46.20 for the 07.10 in the morning, and in the evening £38.60 on the 19.32 and only £18.20 on the 22.00.

TomJ93

They seem reasonable for the offering- is VTEC's price much different?

Status
Not open for further replies.