• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Notwork Fail AAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionRail

After 5 months of this ****, id advise everyone to steer clear of this scheme.

Its basically playschool, I dont understand how most of the people got on this scheme, its 70% druggies, 28% idiots who dont want a job on the railway, hate railways and just **** about and abuse everyone else. That 2% left is me :lol:.

Im considering quitting next week, after ive got PTS as its so bad here, suicide sounds more fun at the moment!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Phoenix

Established Member
Yeah it's network rail it isn't about navvies working there fingers to the bone for crap pay it's now lazy chavs and builders making a crap job of it all frankly I would either severly ruduce their pay or kick em all out of work so people who can actually be bothered to do a job can do it.
Obviously you and the other 2% being excluded from this.

FusionRail

Precisley - there were a few people at my selection day who didnt get through because some chavs took their place.

It realy ****es me off, half the people here arent even going to work for NR when they finish this anyway, so whats the point of them being here?

AlexS

Established Member
If you have any serious safety concerns then CIRAS is your friend.

Dunno what you were expecting from AAS though. It's a fairly blatant attempt to make up NR's numbers having brought maintenance back in house from the contractors.

Guinness

Established Member
The Apprenticeship Scheme was a cheap way of getting funds from the government and to prop up it's Apprenticeship Program across the country.

Sorry it's not gone well, sounds like my college course, although the Deadwood have been leaving 1 by 1 through the last 2 years.

TheSlash

Established Member
Why do i get this strange sense of De Ja Vu? Ah yes.... Nutter
If you want to work for the railway rather than do an extended engineering course that occassionaly references the skills needed to maintain a railway infrastructure, then i suggest applying for jobs rather than apprenticeships.
The railway changed years ago. It's not like the golden days of BR, it's just another job to 99.5% of people.
Managers aren't managers because of how much they know about the railway, they are managers because they can get the maximum production from their staff and resources, for minimal cost.

Metroland

Established Member
Managers aren't managers because of how much they know about the railway, they are managers because they can get the maximum production from their staff and resources, for minimal cost.

Just one flaw in most of their plans, to get maximum production they seem to like to increase managers and their resources thereby insuring they maximise costs!

Nobody ever seems to teach people that want to go into management in this country, that its nothing to do the salary or power trip and everything to do with motivating and professionalising the staff your are responsible for so you don't have to do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.