• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

November 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

34067James

Great shots and video there, Did you see it today I did only at Sittingbourne though as I am ment to be at a wedding :D

I really wanna have a model off the 1Q14 + 2 DRS 37's 8-) As I have seen it some may times now though I never get bord of it :D
James

CraigS

Established Member
Excellent shots & video of the 37s, Craig.

Thanks Jon :)

Great shots and video there, Did you see it today I did only at Sittingbourne though as I am ment to be at a wedding :D

I really wanna have a model off the 1Q14 + 2 DRS 37's 8-) As I have seen it some may times now though I never get bord of it :D
James

Thanks James :)

No, I didn't see it today. The misarable weather put me off going out.

I would like a model of 1Q14 as well. Would need quite a bit of work to produce with the modifications to the 4/5 coaches as well as the 37s. The September 2007 issue of Rail Express Modeller (free with Rail Express magazine no. 136) had a feature on a model of 37612 (which has been used on 1Q14 many times), which was converted from 37672, a Bachmann model. It includes a shopping list of what's needed to convert a Bachmann retooled refurbished 37 into 37612, inlcuding paint, transfers and detailing parts.

34067James

Thanks Jon :)

Thanks James :)

No, I didn't see it today. The misarable weather put me off going out.

I would like a model of 1Q14 as well. Would need quite a bit of work to produce with the modifications to the 4/5 coaches as well as the 37s. The September 2007 issue of Rail Express Modeller (free with Rail Express magazine no. 136) had a feature on a model of 37612 (which has been used on 1Q14 many times), which was converted from 37672, a Bachmann model. It includes a shopping list of what's needed to convert a Bachmann retooled refurbished 37 into 37612, inlcuding paint, transfers and detailing parts.

Maybe someone should hint to bachmann too do a 1Q14 set with DRS 37's I would say hornby but there 37's are not as good as Bachmann:D one thing is have always wondered about the 1Q14 is why is it done by DRS 37's & not Network rail 37s ? :|

My shots off the day are here http://james-bartlett.fotopic.net/c1617806.html

James

CraigS

Established Member
one thing is have always wondered about the 1Q14 is why is it done by DRS 37's & not Network rail 37s ? :|

DRS have the contract to provide locos for some of the test trains operated by SERCO. I have heard and read in RAIL Magazine that the Network Rail 97s may be used vice DRS 37s, whether it's true or not, I don't know.

34067James

DRS have the contract to provide locos for some of the test trains operated by SERCO. I have heard and read in RAIL Magazine that the Network Rail 97s may be used vice DRS 37s, whether it's true or not, I don't know.

Oh right I hope one day they will be on it when its down this way again.

James

CraigS

Established Member
Wasn't the Eurailscout supposed to take over the 37s earlier this year?

Using the 97s vice DRS 37s temporarily may be a good choice until the Eurailscout does take over. It gives the four 97s some work to do until the ERTMS project commences and it also cuts down on costs of hiring DRS 37s.

EE Type 3

Established Member
Wasn't the Eurailscout supposed to take over the 37s earlier this year?

Using the 97s vice DRS 37s temporarily may be a good choice until the Eurailscout does take over. It gives the four 97s some work to do until the ERTMS project commences and it also cuts down on costs of hiring DRS 37s.

No. Your not getting them. They are mine, all mine :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.