• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Now Playing....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaleCooper

Established Member
Three from the ever light-hearted and optimistic Atomic Rooster. It's great to see them on TOTP; in those days we didn't have genres, just good music.

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
The Weeknd - Heartless

It just came out and is so good.

Looking at other points on this thread I doubt it matches other members music taste but its such a good song.

DaleCooper

Established Member
The Weeknd - Heartless

It just came out and is so good.

Looking at other points on this thread I doubt it matches other members music taste but its such a good song.

The lyrics and his voice seemed quite good, I think it would be better with human backing musicians and less electronic processing. Perhaps if it was in the Motown style or something similar I would like it more. He should listen to Smokey Robinson or Seal, but then I'm just an old fogey so nobody should take any notice of me.

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
The lyrics and his voice seemed quite good, I think it would be better with human backing musicians and less electronic processing. Perhaps if it was in the Motown style or something similar I would like it more. He should listen to Smokey Robinson or Seal, but then I'm just an old fogey so nobody should take any notice of me.

Thankyou for responding, I'm surprised people on here would like it.

He has a lot of other song that have human backing musicians and less electronic processing.

I would recommend listening to his biggest song - Cant Feel My Face, I think that would be more up your street.

Also I will give a listen to Smokey Robinson or Seal.

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
I just listened to Second that Emotion. A short but sweet song.

Its from way before my time but its always nice to listen to older, and mostly less explicit music that I normally wouldn't listen to.

Cambus731

Still ploughing my way through The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Up to Fit the Fifteenth now.

DaleCooper

Established Member
The Associates - Party Fears Two

A perfect bit of 80s Scottish post punk.

I recognise the opening, was it used on a TV series or film?

The pianist is doing a great impression of Ron Mael - without the moustache.
740full-ron-mael.jpg

Bevan Price

Established Member
Lana Lane - "Someone To Believe"

and "Court Of The Crimson King"
(Interesting cover version of King Crimson song)

Bevan Price

Established Member
Heart - "Stairway To Heaven"
(Live tribute to Led Zep, in presence of Page & Plant)

and "Alone"

DaleCooper

Established Member
Heart - "Stairway To Heaven"
(Live tribute to Led Zep, in presence of Page & Plant)

and "Alone"

Thanks for those, Alone is the epitome of a power ballad and, although I don't usually like covers, that performance of Stairway to Heaven was really moving particularly seeing Robert Plant and Jimmy Page in the audience.

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think this is in the collection of everyone of a certain age - Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer:

What a song. I’ve still got my dad’s original vinyl of Bridge Over Troubled Water at home, it’s a bit scratchy but still wonderful.