• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Now Playing....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Vaughan Williams Symphony No 4 , BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra conducted by Norman del Mar in a 1973 performance. VW becomes Mars, the bringer of war, no larks ascending here.

Bevan Price

Established Member
Linda Ronstadt - "Tumbling Dice" (cover of Rolling Stones song)

and "You're No Good"

Stravinsky- Petrushka, played by the USSR Symphony Orchestra conducted by Konstantin Ivanov. An LP recorded in 1962, one of the first to be made in the USSR of Stravinsky's music after the ban on playing his music there was lifted. A surprisingly good recording, like they had been playing it all their lives.

Bevan Price

Established Member
Randy & Tal Bachmann - "She's So High" (live)

Tal Bachmann - "Like nobody Loves Me"

and "I Am Free"

SteveM70

Established Member

Fluke - Joni

30-odd years old but still feels like yesterday hearing this for the first time

Shostakovich Symphony no7 "The Leningrad" played by Chicago Symphony Orchestra conducted by Leonard Bernstein on radio 3. The Nazis have invaded Russia to a tune from the Merry Widow (I'll see you at Maxim's) but the Red Army will win, I hope.