• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Now Playing....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

43021HST

Established Member
Sparks - Number 1 Song in heaven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6I6yr7WDeg

First heard it on Alan Partridges Alpha Papa, initially didn't like it, but then Sparks grew on me although I still can't listen to any of their songs post No.1 in heaven album, as they lose a lot of their weirdness.

Like so many good artists that tried to change their sounds during the 80s such as The Stranglers, Gary Numan, Terry Hall, Billy Idol and various others, they became an unlistenable homogenised lump of synth and Duran Duran style vocals. Blehh.

The 80s ruined music, to the degree that we haven't completely recovered from.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Absolutely, much agreed Midnight Flyer.
SS4, Gary Moore, what a star. RIP...
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss, Slayer rock...

Last edited:

SS4

Established Member
Trying not to listen to whatever crap the neighbours think it's acceptable to blast out. Slayer are very good at this (thanks to Cowley above for the putting the idea of slayer in my head)

Currently that means Chemical Warfare - Slayer

The song that is, not actual chemical warfare!

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Trying not to listen to whatever crap the neighbours think it's acceptable to blast out. Slayer are very good at this (thanks to Cowley above for the putting the idea of slayer in my head)

Currently that means Chemical Warfare - Slayer

The song that is, not actual chemical warfare!

:lol:

Blindtraveler

Established Member
I would have thought that something like Road to Nowhere by the Talking Heads would suit VTEC better????

My shuffle on google has kindly just delivered Morningtown Ride by the Seakers.

As an aside, absolutely loving my google cromecast audio! Anyone contemplating one should stop doing so and get it. They are excillent.