• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Now Playing....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
Alex the Kidd in Miracle World - Sega
[youtube]0ekhxhM1lJs[/youtube]

Just about at the edge of my memory for games played, I'm sure some of our older members played it :p

SS4

Established Member
War Pigs - Black Sabbath
[youtube]_V-afAs1gwk[/youtube]

going to see them tomorrow in Brum, should be fantastic

Butts

Veteran Member
War Pigs - Black Sabbath
[youtube]_V-afAs1gwk[/youtube]

going to see them tomorrow in Brum, should be fantastic

Not the same without Bill Ward - Is your favourite song "The Only Way is Up" as you support Villa :p

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Not the same without Bill Ward - Is your favourite song "The Only Way is Up" as you support Villa :p

Indeed, one of the most underrated drummers of all time. On a similar note, let's not forget Geezer Butler's sole contribution to their RRHOF induction speech was saying into the microphone 'Up the Villa' as they walked off!

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Philip Glass: Pruit Igoe
Excellent!!!
That's from his "Koyaanisqatsi" film score. Shame that this clip doesn't show the film's original images.

About 10 years ago I hired a well known venue and invited many of my my 'friends' and aquaintances to come for free meals, alcoholic drinks, and a screening of "Koyaanisqatsi" complete with his relentless and powerful soundtrack.

It was interesting to see who came and who stayed away! Philip Glass can be so divisive.

Last edited:

SS4

Established Member
Sami's theme
[youtube]HvUNpfp0fag[/youtube]

Advance Campaign is brutal :cry:

fowler9

Established Member
The thing is that you can never spot an ACDC fan. You can almost always easily spot a death metal fan and we always get blamed for ACDC even though what we actually like is infinitely more offensive and I'm proud of it. Do you remember all those rubbish documentaries about kids killing themselves because of Judas Priest and all that! The real dodgy bands put the lyrics forwards, not backwards. They gave you a lyric sheet to prove it. My folks were made up I wasn't listening to Judas Priest backwards and was just listening to Deicide forwards.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Do you remember all those rubbish documentaries about kids killing themselves because of Judas Priest and all that! The real dodgy bands put the lyrics forwards, not backwards. They gave you a lyric sheet to prove it. My folks were made up I wasn't listening to Judas Priest backwards and was just listening to Deicide forwards.

Yep; Better By You, Better Than Me. The suicide was in Reno, Nevada, in the late 1980s. I'm not being hyperbolic but it's an absolute disgrace that that case ever got as high as it did, it was an absolute joke. One of my favourite moments of that whole event was Jeremy Paxman on TV at the time during a debate saying 'Well, he has a point [name], I don't actually know anyone who does listen to music backwards'. As someone who listens to Judas Priest religiously I can state that at no point during my listening to them have I thought they were trying to tell me to worship Satan, or kill people or any of that nonsense. TBF Priest are actually quite an upbeat metal band when they want to be. Anybody who genuinely believes that listening to metal makes you want to kill yourself or that there are satanic backwards messages in songs is extremely misguided in my opinion.