• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NR publishes Environmental Sustainability Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRALISTAIR

Established Member
NR publishes Environmental Sustainability Strategy

The 50 page document is here. I have had a read already. Lets see if there is some action rather than just talk and publishing a document.

Way too much information to give a summary.

Our vision is to serve the nation with the cleanest, greenest mass transport. We want to put passengers first, help passengers and freight users to make green choices, support local communities and be a good neighbour

To deliver our vision we have four core priorities:
  1. A low-emission railway
  2. A reliable railway service that is resilient to climate change
  3. Improved biodiversity of plants and wildlife
  4. Minimal waste and sustainable use of materials
Our commitment to wider sustainable development goals, including social value, are also very important to us. There are social benefits to everything we do, and we are committed to supporting our local communities.

Detailed social value plans will be addressed separately. Some wider environmental topics such as noise, vibration and water pollution are not the focus of this strategy but do form part of our wider environmental sustainability plans...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I had a quick look at his column, hoping to find a detailed critique of what I think is an interesting, if somewhat superficial report.

Instead I find that Mr Walmsley has produced nothing more than the sort of sneering condescension you might expect from the pen of Richard Littlejohn. It reads like the output of an overfed golf club bore.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
It is a strategy document designed to set out a direction of travel rather than a road map of detailed instructions as to how you reach the destination.

It reads like the output of an overfed golf club bore.

I find that a good description of many commentators in Modern Railways. Yet they appear to be revered by the experts here.

Status
Not open for further replies.