• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NSE - BBC inside story 1993 video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-XvcsfsgAI

Anyone watched this on youtube?

Some good memories of NSE in the early 90s.

Wonder if any of the BR staff are still about!

Tbh watching the programme, the issues are dealt with well by the staff - the engineering issue at charing x is properly discussed and people get bollocked it seems for example.

So I think NSE come out of what is supposed to be a critical programme quite well.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It was a good programme, I ended up watching a bit recently for some reason and found it very interesting (I remember watching it when it was first on too).
Welcome to the forum by the way.

Cavan

I thought it was quite impressive that the divisional manger (I know the bloke was later in hot water re profiting from privatisation) was able by mid morning to have all his engineering and ops people round the table finding out what happened. Obviously under BR he had responsibility for the whole division unlike today.

Status
Not open for further replies.