• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NSE loco @ Willsden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clip

Established Member
Was doing a bit of a jaunt on the Overground yesterday and as we came into Willsden Junction from Clapham direction I noticed a loco by the sheds in NSE colours but was too far to see what it was and also had something in front of it blocking the view from the platform.

Looked a bit like a 73 from the side but couldnt really tell in the short glimpse I got of it. Anyone know what it was? And does it still do anything?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
Would it not be 86401? There are several main line registered class 86s stabled at Willesden, and I think that 86401 is among them (Returned quite recently from receiving replacement wheelsets at Crewe), although it's the only one that I haven't seen there in recent days. It could just be that it's blocked from sight from WCML trains, but is visible off Overground services.

dave87016

Established Member
indeed it is 86401 " Northampton Town" if memory serves me correctly usually see it at Crewe C.S or Willesden

DarloRich

Veteran Member
indeed it is 86401 " Northampton Town" if memory serves me correctly usually see it at Crewe C.S or Willesden

You are correct.It was there yesterday very much in a viewable position from the DC lines. It was coupled up to a smart green 08. There were three or 4 other A/Cs viable to

BTW at Wembley there was an 08 in very faded green livery outside the Alstom shed just after Stonebridge Park. Anyone know anything about this shunter?

Boothby97

Established Member
It was coupled up to a smart green 08. There were three or 4 other A/Cs viable to

BTW at Wembley there was an 08 in very faded green livery outside the Alstom shed just after Stonebridge Park. Anyone know anything about this shunter?

09007 at Wilesden
08696 at Wembley
And yes, 86401 is now at Wilesden

Hope this helps, Sam

Clip

Established Member
Cheers for the info. I really didnt get a good glance at it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.