• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NSE segment clocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
There are some in the sidings near London Victoria, but they don't work anymore as far as I can see. And yes I think there is one on the up platform at Tottenham Hale, think it works too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Thomas6187

On a simalar vein, all the clocks at Manchester Piccadilly have been replaced over the last two weeks with new digital clocks

Eagle

Established Member
Oh, wow... I want one of those SO much... wouldn't it be a great thing to have, working, in the corner of your house? :p

Although you'd need something to drive it—this one evidently comes with a relevant driver for your PC, but would you want to leave that switched on 24 hours a day just to run a clock? :P

b0b

Established Member
Oh, wow... I want one of those SO much... wouldn't it be a great thing to have, working, in the corner of your house? :p

I was thinking overhead as I drive my car into the garage :D

Muzer

Established Member
Although you'd need something to drive it—this one evidently comes with a relevant driver for your PC, but would you want to leave that switched on 24 hours a day just to run a clock? :P

Y'know, this is a perfect use for the Raspberry Pi...

dvboy

Established Member
I assume the last of the segment clocks at Birmingham New Street have been taken out now as part of the current works.

I would LOVE to own one, I really hope they aren't all just scrapped.

43021HST

Established Member
To those of you who are interested, the last NSE segment clock was removed from Euston last night to be replaced with a digital equivalent. Signs of NSE are slowly fading away!

Wow! they took those down quick, they were still very much in force when I was last at Euston about a couple of months ago. Little reminders of NSE are all over south London. Charing Cross still has a lot NSE clocks.

SqUaShIe P

Is there anyway of getting hold of one of these old clocks?
Do you reckon network rail store them or just dispose of them?

SqUaShIe P

Cheers for that Eagle. I did read everything thing yesterday, I must have looked straight through that link.
As much as id like one, its not worth that much to me :)

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I must admit, even as a big fan of Network SouthEast, I wasn't all that keen on them when they first appeared. That said, I do sometimes miss the loud clacking ("ticking" seems a bit too weak to describe the sound they actually made).

LE Greys

Established Member
I remember waiting for the train at Shoreham-by-Sea on various day trips to London with the flap, flap, flap, flap, flapflap, flap sound. Then on the hour, flapflapflapflapflap. :D

I seem to remember one of them at Westbury, so did they spread beyond NSE or was this just a one-off?

A nice, happy sound when waiting to catch the train home, the March of Doom when waiting for the connection to go to school.

Michael.Y

Established Member
I seem to remember one of them at Westbury, so did they spread beyond NSE or was this just a one-off?

A nice, happy sound when waiting to catch the train home, the March of Doom when waiting for the connection to go to school.

We definitely had them in south Wales - Newport and Cardiff for certain.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm sure I've seen them at Doncaster but it was awhile ago now.

Status
Not open for further replies.