• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nuclear Flask Train hits Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
Right, Greenpeace, Just shut the --- up, Okay!

Dredful :( Poor 37/20

Andrew

Do you not read? It says the train continued. Therefore I'd guess nothing too serious had happened to it. It didn't derail. And I don't think Greenpeace have said anything - they certainly aren't mentioned on the BBC link.

RJ

Established Member
Now why did nobody tell me that 6M69 Sizewell-Willesden was gonna run today :lol: I need to get some good shots of it unlike last week where there were 6 freight trains in 30 minutes squeezing in between the high density passenger trains at Stratford! Platforms 9, 10 and 10a were all used as bi directionals!

Guinness

Established Member
I can see The Mirror or some other newspaper jumping on this story and probably tying it in with Blair's Nuclear Plans.

So much for those Network Rail adverts working! ;)

Tom B

Established Member
It's not even a railway accident, it's a stupid motorists... though the media will probarbly be running "NUCLEAR TRAIN CRASH DISASTER CARNAGE" or something similar tomorrow...

The Mirror isn't a newspaper ;).

Guinness

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
The Mirror isn't a newspaper ;).

On the back it says "Registered at the Post Office as a Newspaper" so yes, it is a Newspaper.

/Pedantic

Tom B

Established Member
Chaz said:
On the back it says "Registered at the Post Office as a Newspaper" so yes, it is a Newspaper.

/Pedantic

Of course - tehcnically. Whether the content counts as news is another matter :).

The Snap

Established Member
Chaz said:
So much for those Network Rail adverts working! ;)

I heard one of those on the radio this morning, although, it doesn't seem to affect some people...:confused:
Slightly away from the topic, in the North West, I don't recall there being any one barrier crossing, which allow drivers to drive around the barrier to get over the crossing - are they only in the southern area of the country? (I remember that fGW Paddington to Plymouth express that had just left Reading a few years back that ploughed through a car which did what I mentioned above)...

devon_metro

Established Member
Rich said:
I heard one of those on the radio this morning, although, it doesn't seem to affect some people...:confused:
Slightly away from the topic, in the North West, I don't recall there being any one barrier crossing, which allow drivers to drive around the barrier to get over the crossing - are they only in the southern area of the country? (I remember that fGW Paddington to Plymouth express that had just left Reading a few years back that ploughed through a car which did what I mentioned above)...

Hmm yes in Berkshire.

I saw this happen that night on the news; right after watching a railway Whistleblower.

I believe that one barrier barriers can be any where; you have obviously never seen one up North.

metrocammel

Rich said:

AFAIK, there is one on "your" line, in between Droylesden and Baguely Fold, theres a pub right next to it... Im pretty sure that is only a half-barrier. Also, worthy of comment around the Baguely Fold area, is a nightly "gathering" of chav's / scallies who frequent the embankment just north (or east) of the box, every time I pass there in the evening the train gives a really loud horn blast, and you can hear things thrown at the train bounce off it, Once I was on a train to Manchester, which unusually stopped at Park station (closed), as a brick had smashed the outer-layer of glass. But my point is that this is a regular occurance of idiots tresspassing on the embankment and line (and has been like this for months) but BTP never do anything about it... surely Northern will have reported somthing?

The Snap

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
Hmm yes in Berkshire.

I saw this happen that night on the news; right after watching a railway Whistleblower.

I believe that one barrier barriers can be any where; you have obviously never seen one up North.

Nope, never! :p I remember watching that too, on BBC 24. I also remeber the Potters Bar one too....:(

metrocammel said:
AFAIK, there is one on "your" line, in between Droylesden and Baguely Fold, theres a pub right next to it... Im pretty sure that is only a half-barrier. Also, worthy of comment around the Baguely Fold area, is a nightly "gathering" of chav's / scallies who frequent the embankment just north (or east) of the box, every time I pass there in the evening the train gives a really loud horn blast, and you can hear things thrown at the train bounce off it, Once I was on a train to Manchester, which unusually stopped at Park station (closed), as a brick had smashed the outer-layer of glass. But my point is that this is a regular occurance of idiots tresspassing on the embankment and line (and has been like this for months) but BTP never do anything about it... surely Northern will have reported somthing?

Strangely enough, I don't know where Baguly Fold is. Is it near the junction with the Piccadilly branch, near the new Sainsburys, as there is a box there. If so, the chavs are most probably from the Patterdale estate, just near the new Ashton football ground....

Status
Not open for further replies.