• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nuneaton-Coventry tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cambus731

Are tickets from/via Nuneaton to/via Coventry accepted via Rugby?
This has come up because the Cross Country Trains from Stansted Airport to Birmingham are often late when they reach Nuneaton and so people miss the connection to Coventry.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

This has come up because the Cross Country Trains from Stansted Airport to Birmingham are often late when they reach Nuneaton and so people miss the connection to Coventry.

Looking at NRE - if it's an "Any Permitted" then yes.

Last edited:

Marvin

I'm sure I remember being told by Coventry station staff that I could go to Nuneaton via Rugby if I wanted.

That would have been a good while ago though, and things may have changed.

OwlMan

Established Member
Depends on the ticket.
For Nuneaton to Coventry tickets the usually used is a "Not via Birmingham" ticket which is not allowed due to a negative easement. An "Any Permitted ticket is allowed(although it costs nearly 3 times as much); for tickets from further away it depends on the origin although most would be valid via Rugby or via Birmingham

Attachments

• 2017-07-24_18-57-16.jpg
    2017-07-24_18-57-16.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

kieron

Established Member
Depending on where you start, they may not be valid on the connection to Coventry via Bedworth. For a Stansted-Coventry ticket, the only mapped routes are via Birmingham, and the shortest route is via the North London Line between Stratford and Willesden Junction.

What ticket sites accept and what rail staff accept are not always the same thing, of course.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
We cannot state definitively whether or not tickets will be accepted; I've known instances where both invalid fares were accepted and valid fares not accepted, even on the same train.

If you want to know if tickets are valid, you'd need to give the actual origin and destination to answer that.

We can give an answer for "tickets from Nuneaton to Coventry", but for anything else, you need to state what fare you have.

If you can get an itinerary on a booking site via Rugby, then that means it is considered valid via Rugby (and any ticket booked in conjunction with an itinerary is automatically valid via that itinerary)

Status
Not open for further replies.