• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NVR Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJP

06:15 and I hear the annoying sound of the alarm clock. I go out and catch the bus at 7am into Doncaster. I Arrived and bought a day return to Newark.

Walked onto platform 3a and sawa freightliner 66 on a northbound liner heading to Leeds.

A few moments a GNER mk 4 set rolled in forming the 07:30 GNER servive to London which I bashed as far as Newark.

Got of a Newark at around 8:00ish. Then Jordy got of central 153 from Grimsby. We vegged at the north end of platform two. We saw several GNER's, 47703/145,90022 and a shed.

Before we new it was time for the 09:59 GNER service as far as Peterborough. It was reasonable full, but we manged to get a couple of seats nexts to the buffet. We couldnt resist and both splashed out on a bacon buttie at 3.50 each :lol:

We approached Peterborough and there the usual amounts of GBRF sheds stabled and no EWS :shock:

Arrived into Peterborough at 10:30 and waited in the hot sunshine for Yorkie who arrived on the 11:15.

We walked to NVR and got tickets as the beast iself rolled in 56057. Boarded the stupid coaches as far as Wansford and returned to Peterborugh for so we could get shots of it running round. we got our shots and dashed to Peterborough to get a train home in time for the match which imo was disapointing :(

Thanks to Jordy and Yorkie for a good day :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tramboy

I knew I recognised at least one of the people stood on NNG at that time! I was further down the platform heading south to London for the day!

Regards

Dave

Coxster said:
Didn't the train go to Yarwell?

Peterborough to Wansford is the passenger extent to the NVR, as far as i am aware trains do go to Yarwell but not with passengers on.

Coxster

Established Member
warriorofrovac said:
Peterborough to Wansford is the passenger extent to the NVR, as far as i am aware trains do go to Yarwell but not with passengers on.
Right. I thought they went through Wansford tunnel and into a loop at Yarwell.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Coxster said:
Right. I thought they went through Wansford tunnel and into a loop at Yarwell.

I'm sure I read it on some of their timetables that trains did run through to Yarwell. Except the DMU service which doesnt. I shall go investigate!

AJP said:
We couldnt resist and both splashed out on a bacon buttie at 3.50 each

£3.50?!?!?!? That's bloomin' expensive mate! I had a sausage bap today for only £1.50, and that was a rather large bap with two massive sausages inside 'em.

I certainly hope you got your moneys worth! ;)

Actually its rather 1-1, because the blue service does not go to Yarwell, i've only been on the blue services so..oh well, my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.