• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NXEA May 11 Timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
Nothing yet to assist with the gross overcrowding on the 06.25 Norwich to Liverpool street.

Quite poor as several errors shown such as 08.00 Lst-Nrw re-timed Chelmsford 08.46 (should be Colchester) & 14.10 SO Nrw-Lwt re-timed to 14.06 & calling Acle & Lingwood :o !!!

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I suppose they'll use platform 10 bidirectionally?

In the morning peak up trains will use 9 and 10, with down through 10A. Afternoon up through 9 and down through 10 and 10A; then I expect it will work as now during the rest of the day.

klewer

I was hoping for more changes than that, the Dec 10 timetable changes have knackered the service.

Due to virtually everything stopping at Stratford, most following services now crawl from Goodmayes/Seven Kings in the peak.

There's a hell of a lot of padding as well - with Stratford - Liverpool street normally timetabled for 11/12 minutes (The Central Line does it in 10 with 2 intermediate stops)

I wish they'd bring back the pre-2004 timetable!

Johnny Lewis

No mention of "usual" direct services between Liverpool Street and Great Yarmouth on summer Saturdays. Anyone know if these will operate again this year?

Zoe

Established Member
I was hoping for more changes than that, the Dec 10 timetable changes have knackered the service.
In theory major changes would be done in December as under an EU directive that is the principal timetable change date with the May date a subsidiary change. This hasn't stopped East Coast from introudcing major changes this May though.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
No changes at all for WA? Saving it all up for December, once the 379s are bedded in?

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Is that a nice way of saying: '...saving it up for December in case 379s don't work?

Lets just say that if there are thirty working more reliably than the 317s by the May "official introduction" I'll be more than a little bit surprised.

Established Member
Lets just say that if there are thirty working more reliably than the 317s by the May "official introduction" I'll be more than a little bit surprised.

All 30 are not due in service until well after May. The official launch is next Thursday with press runs etc.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I wish they'd bring back the pre-2004 timetable!

And provide about 33% less seats??

klewer

And provide about 33% less seats??

...Which (if we're talking outer-suburban fGE stuff) was mainly down to a lack of units making most services 8 carriages rather than the current 12 - there's 17 more 321's now so it could be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.