• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NYC Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY Yankee

I'm pretty sure even people in the UK recognize this

SN852483.jpg

Times Square

SN850632.jpg

Roosevelt Island Tram

SN856818.jpg

Yankee Stadium

SN854971.jpg

SN854979.jpg

Flatiron Building

SN852164-1-1.jpg

Coney Island

SN856538.jpg

Central Park

S6301957.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure even people in the UK recognize this

That's the Golden Gate Bridge right ;)

Good pics, thanks for sharing. NYC is pretty close to the top of places that I'd like to visit (then again the US as a whole is pretty much at the top of that list :lol:).

LE Greys

Established Member
I remember Times Square, had the misfortune to stay in a hotel near there once! <(

Still, nice and close to the UN, where I had some research to do.

Jedipickles

I can't see the pictures, as i'm at school at the computers are less than helpful!

Anyway, i'm sure the pictures are good, and being an American, i can safely say, New York is one of my favorite cites and getting a double decker or (multilevel?) train into Newark Penn was always delightful - in the UK, i pretty much always get a 375!

Badger

American trains always seem so... barebones. Not saying that in a bad way, but there's none of the fancy styling that a British train has, it's just totally functional.

Jedipickles

The pictures load fine at home!
They bring back sweet memories!

I've hopefully attached a picture of one of said trains, have a guess at the line and station if you up for a challenge :P

Attachments

• Mystery....jpg
    Mystery....jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 22

Royston Vasey

Established Member
The pictures load fine at home!
They bring back sweet memories!

I've hopefully attached a picture of one of said trains, have a guess at the line and station if you up for a challenge :P

That's one of the NJ Transit's Bombardier bi-modes isn't it? Erie Line?

Last edited:

Royston Vasey

Established Member
That's one of the NJ Transit's Bombardier bi-modes isn't it? Erie Line?

My mistake. The electro diesels aren't yet in service. That is an Alstom/GM diesel. No idea where! Not ventured further into NJ than Hoboken on the train!

Last edited:

deltic1989

Established Member
Some awesome shots there. Will have to dig out some of my pictures of my couple of visits ti the Big Apple, and if I can find them DC too, and scan them in (they were taken on my old steam powered 35mm SLR).

NYC is a wonderful place to be, even if seemingly it's inhabited by millions of people that hate each other, I suppose that's part of the magic for me. and just the sheer scale of the place everything is huge (to be fair though I found that this is the case throughout most of the US).

When i find them I will post some of my pics from the top of the Empire State building, taking in all 4 sides (if the OP has no objection, would'nt want to hijack the thread.)

NY Yankee

Sure go ahead. NYC is a wonderful place to visit, but there's a reason why I'm posting in a UK forum even though I live in America. There's simply too much racial tension and too few jobs. The UK seems like a more friendly country.

Mike C

I really liked NYC. More friendly than London in my experience.

I also loved LA though for very different reasons. The SoCal weather probably helps!

Great to see the photos. Thanks for sharing.

LE Greys

Established Member
Allow me to add some of mine, with a little transport interest. I've got the booking office level of Grand Central, but the platforms were a bit dark for 100 ASA to cope with.

Attachments

• 182 004.JPG
    182 004.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 182 008.JPG
    182 008.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 182 014.JPG
    182 014.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 182 019.JPG
    182 019.JPG