• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NYC Subway Pictures and Video (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY Yankee

This is not a subway, but a light rail train that takes people from JFK Airport to either the JFK Airport subway station on the A line, or the Sutphin Blvd subway station on the E, J, and Z subway lines

[youtube]cOGJEW_f3js[/youtube]

This train is called PATH. It is not part of the NYC Subway system, but it essentially does the same thing as the subway. It's like comparing the London Underground to the London Overground

SN854641.jpg

SN851807.jpg

This is a recently retired subway car

SN850163.jpg

SN854939.jpg

S6301121.jpg

These are vintage subway cars from the 1930's. During the Christmas holiday season, the MTA runs them along the 6th Avenue line

SN850843.jpg

SN853368.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I remember travelling on the slant front R40 on the W a few years back, shame most of the older stuff is getting retired.

How often are there railfan trips? When I do go back to NY I'll probably try and get one of them in.

NY Yankee

If you decide to visit NYC, I would be happy to give you a tour. They run the Vintage trains during the holiday (late November-New Year's).

Status
Not open for further replies.