• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nymr 9f

Status
Not open for further replies.

C37

Just watching Friday's episode of all aboard, they refer to the NYMR 9f as being the only one of its kind left , they say it a couple of times.

But I am sure there is one at the GCR!

Am I missing something here?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alexl92

Established Member
There are indeed nine preserved. What the program was referring to, which they really didn't make clear, was that 92134 is unique because it is the only single chimney example left. The original design had a normal single chimney, but BR experimented with various modifications to improve the locos further; one of these to try a double chimney on 92178 I think. This turned out to be the only experiment which was an unqualified success so all future new-builds were built with a double chimney and some were fitted with them later. 91234 is the only single chimney survivor.

StoneRoad

The restoration of 92514 came away with The Steam Railway and The Coiley Locomotive Engineering Awards from the 2020 HRA Presentation Dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.