• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nymr choppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alexl92

Established Member
They sound like helicopters at most times! But yes, that's the reason.

I've never quite understood the cult following that these locos have, but sounds like a great plan for those that do love them. I imagine it'll be well patronised!

alexl92

Established Member
Mmmmmm..........

Are you not convinced? In my (admittedly limited) experience, the 20s have a particularly fanatic and dedicated following compared to, say, 37s or 47s, and they ususally turn out for stuff like this. May well be wrong though!

GRALISTAIR

Established Member
Are you not convinced? In my (admittedly limited) experience, the 20s have a particularly fanatic and dedicated following compared to, say, 37s or 47s, and they ususally turn out for stuff like this. May well be wrong though!

I used to ride behind them regularly in the 1980s and they had a great following. (I had haulage behind 50 of them - many haulage enthusiasts had many more than that.) They used to run summer weekend specials to Skegness etc. behind pairs of 20s. We always called them Choppers. They often used to run into Glasgow Central/QS too and they were always a favourite on railtours.

Class 40s and Hoovers also had a dedicated following.

Status
Not open for further replies.