• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NYMR:Your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I love the NYMR, but I am biased since I am volunteering there :lol:

Tommynody

Thanks For The Replys.Keep Them Comming!!I'm sorry guys but I just dont like DIESEL.My friend lives at Goathland and he goes on them every weekend and me and him love steam.SORRY.

Craig

Established Member
I used to volunteer there too (sadly I don't have the time for it these days). The line does have quite a steam bias but I think it suits the line, rather than a line like the ELR which IMO suits diesel. It would be nice to see a few more diesel events though.

Caldervale

'Alot to do' just the same as any other line :P yeah, it's a nice line, never been there mind, but it's nice. I am biased towards the ELR though because I work there, in my mind the ELR has alot of realism of a normal railway, leaving the bustling town at Bury and entering opening countryside, it makes it represent a much larger line. I will be visiting the NYMR at one point though :D

Coxster

Established Member
I've only been there once, and that was a few years back. From what I remember it was a really nice line though - somewhere I'm planning to go back to when I'm next in the area.

Demps

goathlands eh, i think its a great line, although the recent deisel events were aparently ****e, down to the weather.

1D53

Established Member
Valley Aid on Friday. Bring on the Deltic!

Established Member
Lost a lot of respect in the last ten years or so with the state of 25191 and the 2 24s being allowed to slip away as hired/privately owned locos are brought in rather than looking after the home fleet...

Status
Not open for further replies.