• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

OBB SparSchein ID Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

burns20

Me and my mother have booked two lots of Sparschein tickets with her creditcard for next week, she is now no longer able to go so I am going with a friend, the tickets have her name on and were bought with her credit card, will this make a difference?

Could I take her credit card with me and explain to the guard or will I have to rebook?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Oscar

Fares Advisor
Were the Sparschiene print-outs or tickets sent in the post? In my experience they ask for photo ID with the print-outs (whereas DB seem to sometimes just ask for the bank card) but a member of this forum who lives in or near Austria would probably be able to tell you more. I really don't think that the Sparschiene print-outs are transferable but I think that the tickets send in the post would probably be fine. I would recommend that you contact ÖBB (or I could contact them if you prefer) - they may be able to sort something specially for you in this instance.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I have had a look on the ÖBB website which says that amending or refunding these tickets is not permitted. If you have a print-out at least I fear you will have to rebook.
You can contact them on their online form here: http://www.oebb.at/de/Kundencenter/Kontakt/index.jsp
You can also phone them up on 0043 5 1717.
They are apparently available 24 h / day.
The tickets are called Sparschiene ("savings rails/track/line") rather than Sparscheine ("savings tickets").

Last edited:

burns20

No problems with either ticket.

Had a great long weekend, visited the Hungarian Railway Museum, failed to find the Austrian Railway Museum at Strasshof just a siding with a rusty steam engine at the side of a marshalling yard.

Is it me or are the new trams in Prague quite a bit slower than the old ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.