• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Odd GNER HST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
Hi

Have a look at this GNER HST seen at Peterborough on Saturday (4/02/06)

Appears to be in this formation:

|43| |1st| |1st| |Buffet| |Standard| |Standard| |First| |Standard| |Standard| |43|

Video > http://railuk.org/yorkie/Wierd_HST.wmv

Declassified First Class? ECS? Ideas anyone?

Thanks

Jordy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprog

Established Member
Its not unusual Jordy :) I went from Parkway to Cardiff Central in a (temporarily) declassified TFO on a fGW HST. It was standing in for a TSO. This is usually when they have/find a defect with the original coach, and so have to remove it from the set. If they have no TSOs to replace the faulty one at the depot, they will stick any old coach in, and its better than a short-formed set :|

Ive seen a few rakes of fGW stock with TFOs in the formation,a nd even a set with a TGS at either end before! :shock:

Jim

Established Member
spm_43030 said:
Its not unusual Jordy :) I went from Parkway to Cardiff Central in a (temporarily) declassified TFO on a fGW HST. It was standing in for a TSO. This is usually when they have/find a defect with the original coach, and so have to remove it from the set. If they have no TSOs to replace the faulty one at the depot, they will stick any old coach in, and its better than a short-formed set :|

Ive seen a few rakes of fGW stock with TFOs in the formation,a nd even a set with a TGS at either end before! :shock:

Was it replasing coach d by chance?

richa2002

Established Member
BEAST. Can't wait to drive the HST in East Coast Express.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Sprog is right, it happens a bit with FGW. Naturally, when it does happen, and it's on my service, it's excellent, extra comfort for no extra cost! Although it is usually 41180 when it happens!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Never happened to me on GNER, but it has happened to me on FGW (unfortunately while I was getting tickets the person supposed to be holding our seats decided to get off the train, so we lost them and had to go in normal standard :( ).

King's Cross to Inverness in declassified FC would be pretty good ;)

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
ikar said:
Just to let you know the 7:40 Leeds-KX GNER had a MML 1 class coach in the formation.

This is interesting. Is this another MML coach in a GNER formation? I'm sure there was a standard one knocking about recently as well.

I would be happy with a MML coach in standard especially, as they are more pleasant and modern then their GNER counterparts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.