• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Odd question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Would a London-Stirling (Super Off Peak) return be valid, on the return leg especially, via Cambridge? Technically what I'm after is a bit of an open jaw return, London-Stirling-Cambridge.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, Cambridge is on a permitted route I can recall (without checking the RG)

krus_aragon

Established Member
I've just had a quick route, and coming back from Stirling using map AS (from the Routeing Guide) you can easily go Stirling - Cambridge en-route to Liverpool Street or King's Cross. There are probably routes on the other map combinations too.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Cheers! I had tried looking for a working link to the RG, but had found lots of broken ones instead...

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Hmm, just thought that if my season ticket hadn't expired last week (I was going to pick up a new one this evening at Cambridge, and used day tickets the three that I commuted in the last week) I'd be able to get out at Cambridge without ANY hassle. Ah well. Just going to have to have fun explaining what the hell I'm up to to the barrier staff, unless they've given up for the evening.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Guard on the XC service was a little unsure, but mention of the Routing Guide I think made her decide it wasn't worth argueing... barriers were all open.

Status
Not open for further replies.