• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Odd - SWT class 158/159 passing through Andover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzer

Established Member
I arrived at Andover from Salisbury at just before 1505 today. Just after I'd crossed through the subway (so around 1505), I noticed a train shoot past on the Exeter-bound platform (platform 2), with the platform information boards showing the "not scheduled to stop" message. It took me a few seconds to realise that it was odd so I didn't have chance to count the number of coaches/look at the ID, but it was definitely a SWT-liveried 158 or a 159 (they're basically the same but different lengths as far as SWT are concerned), and the destination screen on the train itself might have said "Salisbury" (but I might be wrong about that). Since there were no scheduled services at that time, I don't think anything was cancelled or delayed, and even if it were scheduled it would have stopped at Andover anyway, where on earth did this come from?

The only thing that springs to mind is it was in the wrong place and they only just got around to moving it (possibly caused by the Wimbledon disruption yesterday but why would they not have moved it earlier?) - anyone got any other thoughts?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

vikingdriver

I arrived at Andover from Salisbury at just before 1505 today. Just after I'd crossed through the subway (so around 1505), I noticed a train shoot past on the Exeter-bound platform (platform 2), with the platform information boards showing the "not scheduled to stop" message. It took me a few seconds to realise that it was odd so I didn't have chance to count the number of coaches/look at the ID, but it was definitely a SWT-liveried 158 or a 159 (they're basically the same but different lengths as far as SWT are concerned), and the destination screen on the train itself might have said "Salisbury" (but I might be wrong about that). Since there were no scheduled services at that time, I don't think anything was cancelled or delayed, and even if it were scheduled it would have stopped at Andover anyway, where on earth did this come from?

The only thing that springs to mind is it was in the wrong place and they only just got around to moving it (possibly caused by the Wimbledon disruption yesterday but why would they not have moved it earlier?) - anyone got any other thoughts?

Possibly been to Wimbledon? I think that is where the wheel lathe is.

Status
Not open for further replies.