• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Odd Thameslink story in Cambridge News

Status
Not open for further replies.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
this story is the front page news on the print edition of the Cambridge News today.

Seems a little odd- there's barely anything new in it. The only thing I can see is the date of 2015- but they've not given any source for that date.

Could the better informed members of this board give an idea of when the following are due:

1. Completion of the junction works to connect the Great Northern to Thameslink

2. Delivery of sufficient new Thameslink units to run Great Northern services (surely they'll go into displacing the 319/377 fleet first?)

Can anyone find any press release from any organisation involved in recent days stating "2015"?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wath Yard

2. Delivery of sufficient new Thameslink units to run Great Northern services (surely they'll go into displacing the 319/377 fleet first?)

Good luck finding information on when this will be. They still haven't signed the contract yet. Another train procurement fiasco.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Well quite. Without the new units, there won't be any service- and I really can't see full delivery by 2015 happening.

stut

Established Member
"Have we got a front page story for tomorrow yet?"

"No, nothing's happened. Not even any new traffic schemes to whinge about."

"Oh, do a train story then, the commuters will buy that."

"Hmm, nothing's happening, let me see what comes up on Google. Oh, here we are, Thameslink will come to Cambridge, and this website says bits will start up from 2015."

"Well, put some weasel words around the date, and copy the rest from old press releases. Beats doing any journalism."

"Trebles all round!"

Etc, etc.

John55

this story is the front page news on the print edition of the Cambridge News today.

Seems a little odd- there's barely anything new in it. The only thing I can see is the date of 2015- but they've not given any source for that date.

Could the better informed members of this board give an idea of when the following are due:

Can anyone find any press release from any organisation involved in recent days stating "2015"?

This story (in a weekly paper) is based on the Thameslink/Southern/Southestern consultation launched by the DfT on 31/05/12. There are lots of dates in there.

Edvid

Established Member
Almost a year has passed since Siemens were named as the preferred bidder...

jopsuk

Veteran Member
This story (in a weekly paper) is based on the Thameslink/Southern/Southestern consultation launched by the DfT on 31/05/12. There are lots of dates in there.

It's a daily (except Sundays) paper.

ntg

The 2015 is completely erroneous, London Bridge won't be finished until 2018 so even if they connect GNR to Thameslink tomorrow there won't be the capacity for the services until then.

Class377/5

Established Member
The 2015 is completely erroneous, London Bridge won't be finished until 2018 so even if they connect GNR to Thameslink tomorrow there won't be the capacity for the services until then.

Actually there was a plan for increasing service prior to 2018, something that's not been made public. This could be the first public mention of it. In the London Bridge documents they talk of Jan 2018 for the 20tph being possible.

Well quite. Without the new units, there won't be any service- and I really can't see full delivery by 2015 happening.

New fleet hasn't been penciled in to arrive by 2015 for many years. In fact first in service train is expected late 2014/early 2015 now.

Good luck finding information on when this will be. They still haven't signed the contract yet. Another train procurement fiasco.

Oh yes.

1) linked between Thameslink Core and ECML will be open in 2015 go the new train fleet. Mainly I access Hornsey.

2. Fleet deployments will be set by the new franchise holder so we won't know either way. 319's are likely to be withdrawn first so they can head north.

Status
Not open for further replies.