• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off peak day return changing date of travel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nedchester

Established Member
Bought an Off Peak Day return to Manchester in advance for this Saturday
using the fGW £5 off promotion

Found that I need to travel on the 22nd and not the 15th.

Now I know that "Advance" tickets are subject to a £10 admin fee but I'm
fairly sure this doesn't apply to Off Peak Day returns (flexible)

Can I just go to a nearby ticket office and get the date changed in advance?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
Probably, although as you paid by card it might not allow you. Go down to a ticket office and ask is probably the best bet!

me123

Established Member
If you not used it, you should be able to get a straight refund on Off Peak Day Returns, which can then be used to buy a new ticket.

I'll be honest, though, that I'm not sure how that works with the discount from FGW. And there's no specific rules for changing the date that I can find.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
The tickets with discount can only be bought through FGW telesales or website, so I doubt the ticket office can help you. Give them a ring.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If it goes through Thefarceline they will charge you a £10 admin fee as they are not nice people!! and it will take months to get the refund minus £10 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.