• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off-Peak Day Travelcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
I can get a £52.00 return fare using the above with LNW only trains from Liverpool South Parkway to Euston to include travel within London, (anytime price without Travelcard is £49.10).

1. Is this Travelcard valid for a journey as far as South Bermondsey via Tube Euston to London Bridge and onwards via Overground, (this single journey is £4.20)?
2. Is it possible to also buy one ticket with the Travelcard to include my local Cressington to Liverpool South Parkway journey (otherwise an additional £2.30)?

I cannot find any way to meet request 2 on line.

2.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Presumably no equivalent / similarly priced through fares from Cressington to London as the initial leg from there to/from Liverpool South Parkway would be on Merseyrail and so not just on WMR & LNR (only) trains.

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
Any idea what code will be required at my local Merseyrail booking office to by the £52.00 LNW only fare please, as I'm not convinced they'll know how to sell it to me (assuming I can buy it at "any" outlet)?

I also prefer to buy at my local station as opposed to on-line / other.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Q1. Yes, for £2.90 you have unlimited travel on all modes including NR, LU, DLR, trams, buses in zones 1-6. LO is included in NR. I’m sorry forgot it’s not valid on Heathrow Express of SE high speed.

Offpeak Travelcard add on costs vary a lot depending on origin but that seems a bargain.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
1. Is this Travelcard valid for a journey as far as South Bermondsey via Tube Euston to London Bridge and onwards via Overground, (this single journey is £4.20)?
Yep, it's a normal Zones 1-6 Travelcard so you can take any train/Tube/DLR/tram/bus within Zones 1-6 (except Southeastern High Speed and Heathrow Express).

2. Is it possible to also buy one ticket with the Travelcard to include my local Cressington to Liverpool South Parkway journey (otherwise an additional £2.30)?
No, there aren't any Travelcards from Cressington to London. You will need to buy (at least) 2 separate tickets.

sonic2009

Established Member
Any idea what code will be required at my local Merseyrail booking office to by the £52.00 LNW only fare please, as I'm not convinced they'll know how to sell it to me (assuming I can buy it at "any" outlet)?

I also prefer to buy at my local station as opposed to on-line / other.

https://www.brfares.com/!fares?orig=LPY&dest=0035

Origin​
9709​
LIVERPOOL S PWAY
LPY​
Destination​
0035​
LONDON ZONES 1-6

This is the codes needed to find the tickets from your local station.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I'm not sure why all that is on there as it'd only be relevant to an &Connections route. Route "WMR & LNR Only" is exactly what it says - no validity on Merseyrail.

Thinking on, it's possibly so the Travelcard aspect works correctly in journey planners - once you enter zone 6 you can use whatever TOC you like, so that's just a list of all of them (including some irrelevant ones).

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
I'm not sure why all that is on there as it'd only be relevant to an &Connections route. Route "WMR & LNR Only" is exactly what it says - no validity on Merseyrail.

Thinking on, it's possibly so the Travelcard aspect works correctly in journey planners - once you enter zone 6 you can use whatever TOC you like, so that's just a list of all of them (including some irrelevant ones).
That's on all Travelcards so that they don't show up as valid on Heathrow Express.

Sonic, thanks for that, any idea why it is not possible to include my local Cressington-LPY leg (as Merseyrail is shown in the TOC's)?

View attachment 104597
It would be possible but West Midlands Trains haven't set the fare. They'd need the agreement of Merseyrail to do so. It is unlikely to be worth the hassle.

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
Maybe an extra 25 minutes walk to LPY at 7 a.m. will do me good, (might be a bit different on the way home though after a day on the lash)?

Thanks for the help.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
The text including Merseyrail is typical rail practice, not tailoring the text to the actual journey you are making.
It's all overridden by the "WMR/LNR ONLY" rule on the ticket.
If you hadn't noticed, the fare from Lime St and Runcorn is the same as from LPY, and the global "Not before 0845" applies everywhere.

Virgin used to have a similar Travelcard-inclusive ticket on Saturdays, but I don't think Avanti do.

Status
Not open for further replies.