• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off-Peak Return BOD - BPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

crj96

I've purchased an off-peak return from Bodmin Parkway to Blackpool North.

Outbound, I'll be taking the quickest route (recommended by Trainline) which is:

Outbound - Monday 21st October

09:46 Bodmin Parkway to Birmingham New Street (CrossCountry)
14:45 Birmingham New Street to Preston (Virgin)
16:24 Preston to Blackpool North (Northern)

On the return route (Friday 25th), I want to spend a few hours in Birmingham on the way back, but I'm not sure if I'm permitted to split the journey like this. Is it possible to do the following?

Return - Friday 25th October
12:27 Blackpool North to Preston (Northern)
13:17 Preston to Birmingham New Street (Virgin)
16:12 or 17:12 Birmingham New Street to Bodmin Parkway (CrossCountry)
(eventhough the next service from BHM to BOD is at 15:17)

Are the 16:12 and 17:12 services off-peak? The trainline app doesn't specify.
Also, can anyone advise how busy these trains are going to be?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
There is no restriction on this ticket other than the 0930 morning one.
So you may break your journey whenever and wherever you like en route, and resume it as you please.
This includes the 1612/1712 trains.
They are likely to be busy, especially on a Friday at the beginning of half term. I'd advise getting a seat reservation.

crj96

There is no restriction on this ticket other than the 0930 morning one.
So you may break your journey whenever and wherever you like en route, and resume it as you please.
This includes the 1612/1712 trains.
They are likely to be busy, especially on a Friday at the beginning of half term. I'd advise getting a seat reservation.
Thank you, the trainline app doesn't say "off-peak", it says "limited tickets available" so i wasn't sure. How do I book a seat when I've already bought the ticket? Can I contact CrossCountry directly eventhough the ticket was bought via Trainline? (sorry I'm new to all this)

I thought half term was next week not the week after!

A Challenge

Established Member
Can I contact CrossCountry directly eventhough the ticket was bought via Trainline? (sorry I'm new to all this)
You could also go to a station with a ticket office (any, though some may be more cooperative than others) with the tickets and ask for a reservation for the service you want to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.