Off peak return break of journey.

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by marts, 9 Apr 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marts

marts Member

Good morning,

I've got an off peak return, London Terminals to Faversham, travelling out this afternoon and returning Saturday 18th April, bought with a Network Railcard discount, my return journey will be Faversham to Victoria.

I was supposed to be meeting friends at Faversham and then travelling up to Stansted for a flight tomorrow morning, they've now suggested they meet me at Ebbsfleet International, can anyone advise me if this break of journey is permitted?

I can't see any restriction codes on the ticket apart from a small solid black circle printed in the top orange band.

2. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

3. LexyBoy

LexyBoy Established Member Fares Advisor

Yes, providing of course that your ticket is routed Plus High Speed. Break of journey is permitted on the outward portion of this ticket, and is always allowed on the return portion of Off Peak Returns.

You can check the specific restriction code either using the unofficial brfares.com or National Rail Enquiries - input your journey, click "other tickets", then select the ticket and click on the ticket type where it says "1 x Adult Off Peak Return". There is a link to the specific restriction at the end of the general T&Cs linked.

4. marts

marts Member

Thank you for the replies and links. I've been searching all morning but all I've found is something along the lines of 'permitted unless restrictions say it's not permitted' but then I've not been able to find any information about restrictions!

Ticket is routed +high speed.

Last edited: 9 Apr 2015
  5. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

The brfares.com link above gives you full details of the restrictions on that ticket (there are none on BoJ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.