• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off-Peak Return - Missing Validity Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Just collected a Lincoln - Tamworth off-peak return, from one of EMT's new TOD machines at Lincoln. Didn't check the ticket, as it was amongst others, but now I'm home I've noticed that the 'Valid Until' date is missing from the ticket.

I'm guessing this might be a problem, can anyone confirm if it is?

If there is a problem, I have a week to sort it - ticket was booked via East Coast website.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Sounds very odd!

Does it have the "valid from" field? If so I would imagine it shouldn't be a problem as any guard will know the validity.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Sounds very odd!

Does it have the "valid from" field? If so I would imagine it shouldn't be a problem as any guard will know the validity.

It does have the field, there's just nothing printed there.

Start date is correctly shown as 17th April. I'd rather avoid problems if at all possible.

pemma

Veteran Member
If so I would imagine it shouldn't be a problem as any guard will know the validity.

The guard will but if you go past any G4S revenue staff they'll probably be unsure. That happened to me with the old ticket stock (which didn't have valid to dates) and G4S at Piccadilly - one of them spent about 90 seconds looking at the ticket and then he decided to let me through.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
If it was booked from the East Coast website, then you'll have a confirmation email which is tied to those tickets by the 8 character Booking Reference number.
Does the email clarify the dates of validity?

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Yes, it states validity is within 1 month from 17/04/12.

I did also call East Coast web support, who said that I should be ok to use the ticket as is.

sheff1

Established Member
Just collected a Lincoln - Tamworth off-peak return, from one of EMT's new TOD machines at Lincoln. Didn't check the ticket, as it was amongst others, but now I'm home I've noticed that the 'Valid Until' date is missing from the ticket.

I'm guessing this might be a problem, can anyone confirm if it is?

Tickets from the 'new' EMT TOD machines at Sheffield don't have a Valid Until date either, so presumably it is a design feature.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Interesting as the ones from Leicester or London St Pancakes have them printed properly.

lemonic

Tickets (admittedly Advance and Off Peak Day not Off Peak (period)) I have recently purchased and had delivered from RedSpottedHanky and London Midland have not had a valid until date printed on them. I wonder if this is going to become commonplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.