• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off peak return - Newcastle to Glasgow restriction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

traintimemf

Hi, was just wondering the actual restrictions on this ticket are as the printout said anytime after 9:30 but got the impression this was only relevant to the intercity portion of the journey, I no longer have the printout so wanted to confirm

If this doesn't make sense I mean, I am wanting to break my return journey at Edinburgh as there is nowhere to have a beer at queen st before 10am

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
If this is the £66.80 (Railcard £44.10) Standard Off-Peak Return (SVR) Newcastle - Glasgow Central/Queen St Route Any Permitted, the Restriction is:
Restriction Code 3V
Applicable days: Mondays-Fridays
Outward Travel: Not valid on trains departing after 02:59 and before 09:30.
Return Travel: Not valid on trains departing after 02:59 and before 09:30.
Notes
Overnight Break of Journey - restarting journey from an intermediate station:
Outward: (on day 2): outward restrictions as above apply, Monday-Friday.
Return: return restrictions as above apply, Monday-Friday.
Seasonal variations: Restrictions are lifted from Friday 23rd December 2016 until Friday 30th December 2016 inclusive.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/3v

island

Veteran Member
It's not valid before 09:30. 09:30 is not before 09:30, therefore it is valid for an 09:30 departure.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Careful reading is required ;) It is not valid before 0930.

So that means it is valid at 0930, as well as after 0930 :)

You will get itineraries on the 0930; the booking engines do not need to carefully decipher the wording in English as they use the electronic data, which is also shown on that link.
Code:
Not valid to depart any location 0300–0929 on any TOC

fireftrm

Hi, was just wondering the actual restrictions on this ticket are as the printout said anytime after 9:30 but got the impression this was only relevant to the intercity portion of the journey, I no longer have the printout so wanted to confirm

If this doesn't make sense I mean, I am wanting to break my return journey at Edinburgh as there is nowhere to have a beer at queen st before 10am

Of course if your real issue is the need for a beer before 10am then there is the Camperdown Place AT Queen Street and The Counting House on the side of George Square, less than 200m away from Queen Street. Both are Wetherspoon's pubs and open at 07:00!

Closet2405

There are indeed two Wetherspoons pubs in/near Queen Street, but I believe Scottish licencing law means they can't serve alcohol until 10 am

Status
Not open for further replies.