• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off peak return York - London

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennorthyork

Please can someone let me know the restrictions on the return portion of a York - London off peak return on NXEC. I wasn't sure so rang NXEC and they told me that the restrictions changed yesterday. So now you can't use the return portion between 15.55 and 18.59 weekdays. Is this correct because the NXEC website will still let me book it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Surely that can't be right, there wasn't a fare change yesterday, and those fares are so ridiculously expensive they should be valid in the evening peak, and certainly were last I knew.

devon_metro

Established Member
Validity
Code
JOURNEYS TO/VIA LONDON (including Stevenage).
Available as listed below MONDAYS-FRIDAYS (By any train on other days)​
1U

Return Travel​

Valid on any train from London Terminals except those timed to depart between 0645 and 0815 inclusive (but allowed on 07.12 Stevenage -.Peterborough FCC service)*​

John @ home

Established Member
Please can someone let me know the restrictions on the return portion of a York - London off peak return on NXEC. I wasn't sure so rang NXEC and they told me that the restrictions changed yesterday. So now you can't use the return portion between 15.55 and 18.59 weekdays. Is this correct because the NXEC website will still let me book it?

I think you may be confusing a number of different fares between York and London. Here are three:

Origin: YORK
Destination: LONDON TERMINALS
Route: ANY PERMITTED
Ticket type: SUPER OFFPEAK RETURN (SSR)
Adult price: £84.00
Available as listed below MONDAYS-FRIDAYS (By any train on other days)
OUTWARD TRAVEL
Valid on any train timed to arrive at London Terminals 1117 or later.
RETURN TRAVEL
Valid on any train from LONDON TERMINALS scheduled to depart between 0929 and 1457 inclusive and at or after 1859 Also allowed at or after 1815 on Fridays only.

Route: ANY PERMITTED
Ticket type: OFFPEAK RETURN (SVR)
Adult price: £129.90
OUTWARD TRAVEL
Valid on any train timed to arrive at London Terminals 1020 or later.
RETURN TRAVEL
Valid on any train from London Terminals except those timed to depart between 0645-0815 inclusive (but allowed on 0712 Stevenage - Peterborough FCC service)

Route: NXEC TRAINS ONLY
Ticket type: OFFPEAK RETURN (GVR)
Adult price: £90.00
Availability: 20 April to 12 July 2009
OUTWARD TRAVEL
Valid on any train timed to arrive at London Terminals 1005 or later.
RETURN TRAVEL
Valid on any train from London Terminals except those timed to depart between 0645-0815 inclusive.

The first two are from the National Fares Manual NFM 02 CD, valid until 17 May 2009. The third is from Newsrail Express 390 (https://frpp.tso.co.uk/Newsrail/343099.pdf)

Status
Not open for further replies.