• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off peak ticket flexibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

James268

I am thinking of buying someone else a return ticket from Manchester > Spalding. As this is effectively a present, I do not know when they would be travelling, but it would be sometime within a week of the ticket purchase.

If I buy and collect an off peak return (£78.80) from the TVM and give them the tickets today, can they wait until say Tues 31/5 before using the outward portion? Even though the date on the ticket would be todays.

Forgive my silly question, i've only bought advances and walk up tickets previously.

I don't think i've worded the question quite right, so any details i've missed, just ask.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
If I buy and collect an off peak return (£78.80) from the TVM and give them the tickets today, can they wait until say Tues 31/5 before using the outward portion? Even though the date on the ticket would be todays.
No. The outward portion of the ticket is valid on the date shown - the 'start date' and 'valid to' dates will be the same.

Last edited:

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
There are Anytime Returns available from Manchester to Spalding - these are quite a bit more expensive but allow the flexibility of making the outward journey any time within 5 days from the date of purchase. There is then a further month available to make the return journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.