• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

off-peak tickets, what happens if your journey is delayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plugwash

Established Member
So I was at letchworth garden city with an off-peak ticket (specifically the return part of an off-peak return) from cambridge to stockport, route any permitted. My plan was to travel slightly short on said ticket going via London to get back to Stockport.

Unfortunately the train was cancelled (and trains after it also delayed/cancelled) such that there was no way I would make it to Euston for the 15:00 train which was the last train before the evening peak.

In the end with it being not very clear exactly when southbound trains would resume, I decided to buy a ticket to cambridge and go via a different route instead.

But if I had chosen to go via London as originally planned, would I have been expected to wait for the end of the evening peak period?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
No, if you were delayed due to the railway's fault.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
... would I have been expected to wait for the end of the evening peak period?
If you are delayed you should be able to take the next available appropriate service.

If you are unsure, seek staff advice.

You are also entitled to claim Delay Repay compensation if you are sufficiently delayed to qualify, subject to the conditions applicable to the operator whose train caused the delay.

Presumably you were at LET by 1351? The delay would have been over an hour so you are entitled to 100% delay compensation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.