• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off Peak Validity - coleshill parkway to luton airport parkway

Status
Not open for further replies.

muug1982

Can someone check something for me. I purchased an off-peak return (£38.20) from coleshill to Luton airport parkway. Travelled out on Wednesday 29th on the 19:35. National rail showed this as being valid on the 16:51 return service tomorrow (friday 1st) EMT have a easement on off peak tickets on a Friday. So I purchased the ticket from the station, hence I have no seat reservations. I've just checked on the VT app and it Implies it's not valid until the 19:10.

Any ideas whether my ticket is valid on the 16:51? If any ideas for a cheap ticket back to before 19:10. The excess is extortionate and I'm very unlikely to make the 15:51 on which the ticket is certainly valid. No railcards.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
The £38.20 Off-Peak Return Coleshill Parkway to Luton Airport Parkway route Not Via London has Validity Code 2C.

Monday to Friday, returning from Luton Airport Parkway, you may travel on any train that is scheduled to depart between 09:01 & 16:29 (inclusive) and at or after 18:59.

I'm very unlikely to make the 15:51 on which the ticket is certainly valid.
Would you be able to catch the 1621 to Bedford? That meets the wording of the Validity Code and allows you to travel:

1621 Luton Airport Parkway - Bedford 1649
1710 Bedford - Leicester 1755
1816 Leicester - Coleshill Parkway 1900.

EMT have a easement on off peak tickets on a Friday.
Sorry, this fare is set by Virgin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.