• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Off Route....or Odds and Ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bighat

Not the title I originally had intended to use, but hey ho :)

Based on a topic title started by Galvanize (Galvanise?) 'in another place', (and a very well read topic there), I kick off with a few sightings over the last couple of weeks.

On Wednesday, heading towards London on the M2 near junction 5, RML 2564 in full Route 12 branding with correct destination blinds. I understand that this vehicle had been down in Dover for some heavy engine maintenance. Bodywork however was in a very 'as was' condition.

Nork Kent Engineering at Swanscombe have a large collection of Routemasters in their yard in varying condition, from pristine to apalling. Latest addition is a red Leyland National 2 with 'Hoverspeed' branding.

Yesterday, northbound on the A406 at Barking, immaculate RMF1254 routed for the 38 (what else?) at 09.15.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprinter

Some First oddities over the last couple of days

--41793 on W11 (a Rainham bus on a Hackney route!)
--41790 on 905 (instead of the more usual N reg Marshall boided Mobility bus Darts)
--32866 on 212 (Tridents on this route are now a common occurence)
--Unidentified VNL on 357

and finally

--RMC1510 on Blue Peter tonight!!

Bighat

I was out and about yesterday. Travelling from the depths of Kent to Hull, passed restored, but broken down (Ensignbus?) RM1002 on the hard shoulder of the M25/M11 intersection being recovered by a large Canute haulage wrecker.

Further north, on the A1 near Grantham, a flurry of no less than FIVE ex Arriva London Leyland Olympians heading SOUTH. All had had the Arriva name and logo crudely obliterated, as well as the fleet number. All were C/D reg. plate, and all were in a mid-overhaul condition.

Coming to work this morning, overtook immaculate RML2614 with London Transport logos, heading westbound on the M2 between junctions 5 and six. Probably destined for Kent Engineering, or possibly Channel Commercials of Dover, who are taking on quite a bit of Routemaster work.
This vehicle was fully routed for the 36, with flourescent yellow blinds at the front and rather tatty white ones at the rear!

Bighat

The M2 is getting busy for RM's. This morning, RML2669 heading London bound near Darenth (M25 junction) in a rather tatty condition, but sporting several new unpainted panels. May have been heading to Ensign at Purfleet.

OTS

Last night, Tube diverted between junctions 3 and 4 of M40. Instead of normal A40 deviation, my one decided to go via Flackwell Heath! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.