• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Offering to be a tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

303guy

I'm currently training to be a Games & QA Tester and I wish to offer for free to all my services as a tester for new BVE routes :D if you're interested I'll be around thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
I'm currently training to be a Games & QA Tester

There is a training course for QA now? :D

and I wish to offer for free to all my services as a tester for new BVE routes :D if you're interested I'll be around thanks.

I should hope you are offering your services for free! It's a free program with free addons!

Although I might add, just joining a random forum and offering your services in your first post probably won't get any "work" for you. It's the oldest con in the software book, offering to test when all you actually want is the latest addons first, normally for bragging rights.

chris89

Established Member
I'm currently training to be a Games & QA Tester and I wish to offer for free to all my services as a tester for new BVE routes :D if you're interested I'll be around thanks.

Good to hear that you are. I would suggest joining forums and start posting and not expect to be asked to test or offer it as some people only trust those who are regular posters or content releasers a lot of the time.

Although I might add, just joining a random forum and offering your services in your first post probably won't get any "work" for you. It's the oldest con in the software book, offering to test when all you actually want is the latest addons first, normally for bragging rights.

I couldn't agree more with this point that Darren left. As a lot of people do it for bragging rights and that is all. As that was evident to some testers (only the small minority as far as i know) for the RW3 beta.

Get active in the community and be forward and take part. Don't expect to be chosen to test stuff either as a lot of members do dislike when no feedback is given and what ever. Also remember if you do get given the chance you are lucky to get it. Also give constructive critisim, as it does help a lot.

Chris

HijauKuda

I'm currently training and I wish to offer for free to all my services as a "Beta Only" tester for new girl friends & wives. If you're interested I'll be around thanks.:rolleyes:

Adam_Harrison

I don't think most developers ask on the forums for beta testers, at Pioneer Trains we approach people who we trust. Usually fellow developers

303guy

Yeh there is a course I am doing on QA testing through a company called Train2Game. Really enjoying it I used to be on the Transport Forum and a longtime user of BVE I wanted to start a site on BVE routes throughout the Glasgow area but my work took a lot of hours so I had to put that in the back burner, I will give you all my undivided attention

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.