• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oh dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

TicketMan

Code:
 <H3>Current Service Alterations[/B]

[B]Safety checks of the line being made between Cardiff Central and Bristol [/B]

Time Reported:18:22Route Affected:Cardiff Central – Newport (South Wales) – Severn Tunnel Junction - Bristol Temple Meads / Bristol ParkwayTOC/s Affected:First Great Western, Virgin TrainsDescription:Train services between Cardiff Central and Bristol are being disrupted due to safety checks of the line being made in the Severn Tunnel. 

Delays of up to 45 minutes can be expected. Train services may be diverted via Gloucester adding 60 minutes to journey times. 

The estimated time for normal train services to resume is 3 hours
</H3>
1F29 REPORTED BUMP IN THE SEVERN TUNNEL
Cardiff-Portsmouth service

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
AGAIN! This happens so often it's getting beyond stupid! If I had a £1 coin for everytime this happens, I'd have been Wick at least once this year!

LondonBVE

If this happens during peak and I'm late for work. I will sue them for doing this.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Sorry, but if there is a safety issue in the tunnel, and they have to divert via Gloucester, then that's tough, you won't get your money back!

Tomnick

Established Member
LondonBVE said:
If this happens during peak and I'm late for work. I will sue them for doing this.
If the driver of 1F29 reported a bump, and correct procudures were not carried out, and you were on the following train which derailed at line speed in the tunnel on the broken rail or whatever else the issue could have been, with potentially fatal consequences - would you sue them for that too?

Table 52

Tomnick said:
If the driver of 1F29 reported a bump, and correct procudures were not carried out, and you were on the following train which derailed at line speed in the tunnel on the broken rail or whatever else the issue could have been, with potentially fatal consequences - would you sue them for that too?

If other threads are anything to go by, yeah, that's when I'd sue and make a million from the taxpayer.

Anyway, safety is a prioity, even if it means short term disruption. And if a train did derail or something, it'd be at least a few days before you'd be able to get to work.

Tomnick

Established Member
Table 52 said:
If other threads are anything to go by, yeah, that's when I'd sue and make a million from the taxpayer.

Anyway, safety is a prioity, even if it means short term disruption. And if a train did derail or something, it'd be at least a few days before you'd be able to get to work.
Precisely what I was trying to say! There's a lot of moaning about how "unsafe" the railways are (yes, I know as well as you that they're far safer than travelling by road), but the same people moan when these procedures (that are in place to make the railways much safer!) delay them. Can't please everyone!

The Snap

Established Member
LondonBVE said:

1.) How can you sue a company operating in the UK, when you don't even live in this country?!

2.) As Yorkie said

devon_metro

Established Member
How does somebody so young work, and then have money for a court case when your train was late due to safety reasons?

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Rich said:
1.) How can you sue a company operating in the UK, when you don't even live in this country?!

I hope you don't mind me seconding that Rich!

I'll be honest I didn't know anything about this til reading this thread which is unusual for me!

Guinness

Established Member
LondonBVE said:

Are you just trying to be an attention seeker or something?

You don't live in this country, you don't pay taxes in this country and you don't work in this country. Why sue?

devon_metro

Established Member
Next time i go on holiday i will sue when a train is late and make that country give me lots of money which is not mine.

I think not... :roll:

Angus

Chaz said:
Are you just trying to be an attention seeker or something?

You don't live in this country, you don't pay taxes in this country and you don't work in this country. Why sue?

Even if you do meet those criteria, why sue?

Nick W

Established Member
Maybe the railway should get a taxpayer funded backup tunnel. After all I believe there are 2 motorway bridges, 1 as backup.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
No, there a 2 motorway bridges built at different times. The "original" bridge wasn't suitable in bad weather or for some vehicles, so a second one was built, all funded privately charging high costs for every vehicle which passes it (<£4.00/car IIRC)

Demps

why the hell are you lot arguing about such a lame subject, the point of the matter is, someone is ****ed of cause they are late for work, and that you can not sue for such a stupid reason. Why not argue about why the accelerator panel on a 37 is better than a 66 lol.

David

Established Member
Demps said:
why the hell are you lot arguing about such a lame subject, the point of the matter is, someone is ****ed of cause they are late for work, and that you can not sue for such a stupid reason.
Ok then. Would you prefer to be late for work, because of safety checks being carried out, or would you prefer to be badly injured, if not dead, in the middle of the Severn Tunnel?

16CSVT2700

Established Member
60006 Scunthorpe Ironmaster said:
Ok then. Would you prefer to be late for work, because of safety checks being carried out, or would you prefer to be badly injured, if not dead, in the middle of the Severn Tunnel?

Late for work.

I don't care if my train is late, long as I get home in one piece which I KNOW I will because the chances of anything potentially fatal happening are minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.