• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oh Mother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

I am surprised that HSE have not had a dose of the trots and put up a metal paling fence along that stone wall on the grounds of 'public safety' They have done sillier things elsewhere.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ben

The HSE Probably know theres no Dopey Tresspassers in Dawlish!

metrocammel

I wouldn't start suggesting to the HSE to put up fencing, as it would spoil the attraction of the Dawlish sea wall, at the moment, people wave etc, whereas if there was a dirty great big metal fence, it would give a "prison effect", likewise it would spoil the view for bashers who want to view the sea wall, as lots of people do that line just to look out of the window at the sea wall.

Table 52

I suppose there's not as much need for such a thing here as clearly nobodys going to cross the tracks to get to the other side when theres a wall several foot high.

Established Member
I suppose there's not as much need for such a thing here as clearly nobodys going to cross the tracks to get to the other side when theres a wall several foot high.

Thats common sense...and this is a HSE-NR combo we are talking about!
I thought had some kind of protection as listed or whatnot

H

HR2

I wouldn't start suggesting to the HSE to put up fencing, as it would spoil the attraction of the Dawlish sea wall, at the moment, people wave etc, whereas if there was a dirty great big metal fence, it would give a "prison effect", likewise it would spoil the view for bashers who want to view the sea wall, as lots of people do that line just to look out of the window at the sea wall.

I am not suggesting it I am just surprised that some HSE jobsworth has not arranged it.

The Gricer

Bloody hell Craig! Is that wall higher than it looks? And is that closest track further away from the edge than it looks? It looks as though you could just reach up and put your hand on the rail!

It also conjurs up interesting pictures in the mind of what might happen as a train with non retention toilets went by!

Frank

H

HR2

No. Craig is right with that image. It is rather a low wall IIRC.

Craig

Established Member
Bloody hell Craig! Is that wall higher than it looks? And is that closest track further away from the edge than it looks? It looks as though you could just reach up and put your hand on the rail!
That photo is zoomed a bit, so it looks a bit worse than it actually is. But the rails are certainly closer to the wall than they are at Dawlish.
I'll see if I've got a better photo tomorrow.

It also conjurs up interesting pictures in the mind of what might happen as a train with non retention toilets went by!
You mean like 142s and 156s? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.