• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

OK, I'm in Gloucester....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerroar

On Moderation
I have a car and two weeks off of work.

I also have a decent camera and an array of lenses.

Where can I go to get some decent rail photos thats busy enough, with interesting stock and where I won't be trespassing and can park safely?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eMeS

If the WCML interests you, I can advise on no cost parking in the Milton Keynes area away from the station. Or, the rail station multi-storey parking is £8/day (from memory), but there is lower cost parking (hourly rate) within fairly easy walking distance. The passenger stuff is fairly repetitive unless you are after named or Alstom branded Pendolinos, but the freight workings have more variety.

Shot in Milton Keynes last week
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcA6SJ310N8

and 1o miles south, at Old Linslade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZKgyb7kwPU&feature=related

curly42

How far would you consider driving ? Are you just looking to photograph in the Gloucester area or do you want to travel further afield ?
I'm also in Gloucester,and there are no end of decent places to get pictures - in fact the only problem we have is a lack of interesting stuff to photograph (unless you want pictures of Sprinters and Voyagers,of course !!).
Oh,and looking out of the window at the moment,some decent weather would be very useful.

tigerroar

On Moderation
Yeah, I commented on your Tuffley Junction pic.

I wouldn't mind going down Lydney way, and getting something with the river in the background from an elevated position where the line runs close to the river.

Pilning isn't too far and offers a variety but I've been there before and Cam & Dursley is decent but when I went there before mid afternoon was incredibly quiet.

curly42

Status
Not open for further replies.